Medical treatment of Skin and Venereal diseases clinic is located in the Tashkent Medical Academy on the following bases: Tаshkent Regional Department of skin and venereal diseases (Tahkent, Chilanzar, Katartal street,2) and Republican Clinic of Dermatology and Venerology (Tashkent, Shevchenko street) and also on private dermatological clinic Mahliyo-shifo
Both of the clinical bases include curative (therapeutic) and laboratory-diagnostic departments:
- The ambulatory department, which include
- some consulting rooms for examination the patients with dermatological and sexually transmitted diseases ,
- clinical, biochemistry, serological and bacteriological laboratories
- special rooms for carry out topical and systemic therapeutic procedures and physical therapeutic modalities.
- The stationary department for patients with dermatological diseases ( 40 beds)
- The stationary department for patients with fungal , bacterial and parasitic diseases of skin ( 40 beds)
- The stationary department for patients with sexually transmitted diseases ( 40 beds)
- physiotherapy unit .
- На базе клиники «Махлие-шифо» создана фотодинамическая лаборатория для проведения косметологической коррекции заболеваний кожи и волос
As part of consultative and diagnostic unit carried out by qualified experts in the reception skin pathology. Of diagnostic procedures operated offices :
- General clinic and biochemistry tests – general blood and urine analyses, definition of glucose and albumen, bilirubin, AlT, АsТ levels in the blood, definition of lupus eriythematosus cells in the blood and others.
- Microscopic and bacteriologic examination of skin disorders(acantholytic cells determination), mycotic infections of skin (infections caused by dermatophytes, species of Trichophyton, Epidermophyton or Microsporum, Malesseria furfur and Candida) and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) – demonstration of Treponema pallidum on dark ground microscopy, determination of Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Haemophilus ducreyi, Chlamudia trachomatis,Ureaplasma urealyticum and Trichomonas vaginalis,)
- Microscopic and bacteriologic examination in parasitic and inflectional dermatoses – definition of Sarcoptes scabiei, demodex folliculorum, Leishmania tropica, Mycobacterium leprae, pyococcal organisms of skin and their antibiotic sensitiveness, examinations to intestinal parasites, protozoa, worms, gelminthes and others)
- Serological examinations of blood to STDs – consists of treponemal and non-treponemal tests for screening and verification of syphilis ( VDRL,RSK, high-specific serological reactions – RIT, RIF)
- Examinations of skin microcirculation ( phototherapeutic laboratory, Machliyo-shifo clinic) is provided with Laser Dopplerofluometria molalyty in patients with chronic disorders of skin and hair (psoriasis, alopecia, ezema,neurodermitis and others)
As part of remedial work careful cutaneous and physical examinations and treatment patients carried out by qualified experts in the stationary department.
- chronic disorders of skin and hair (psoriasis, alopecia, acne, ezema, neurodermitis, vitiligo, allergic skin diseases and others) in children and oldsters
- parasitic diseases (scabies), cutaneous leishmaniasis
- mycotic infections of skin –Ringform infections (Dermatophytoses), Tinea Corporis, Capitis and Pedis, Candidiasis,
- Viral infections of skin- warts, Herpes simplex and Zoster ,molluscum contagiosum, genital warts( Condylomata acuminate)
- Sexually transmitted diseases – syphilis, gonorrhea, non-gonococcal uretritis
Physical therapeutic modalities – phototherapy and photochemotherapy (PUVA) , cryotherapy, electrosurgical procedures, pilling and others